- Superintendent's Welcome
- District Information
- Administrative Sites
- District Staff Directory
- Schools and Programs
- School Board
- Old News Archives (Before May 2021)
- News Archive
Speak Up 2017 Survey Extended
Posted by District on 1/25/2018 10:00:00 AM
Speak Up, a national research project facilitated by Project Tomorrow, provides an easy way for students, parents, and educators to share their views on technology and learning with St. Mary Parish administrators. Survey input can affect local decisions about technology, as well as contribute to the national dialogue about educational technology.
Voluntary participation from educators, parents, students, and community members in this survey will help us answer important questions:
- How are our students using technology for learning in and out of school?
- How important is the use of technology to our teachers and parents?
- What types of technology would our teachers like and how would they use it in the classroom?
- Do our ideas about technology align with the ideas of the parents of our students and our community members?
Since 2003, Project Tomorrow has collected and shared the viewpoints of more than 5 million students, educators, and parents through its yearly survey. All responses are 100% confidential, and no identifying information is collected about/from any participant.
Taking the survey is easy! (approximately 20 minutes)
- Visit speakup.tomorrow.org and select Begin Survey.
- Select “Start Student Survey” or select your group in the drop-down menu. (Parent, Educator, Community Member, etc.).
- Search for your school by entering your zip code (easiest!) OR by selecting Louisiana and finding your school’s name from the list.
- Read the instructions and begin the survey.
- Parents, Educators, and Community Members will not need a password to access the survey.
- Students will select the correct grade level and use this “secret” word: (Ask your teacher or principal for the secret word)
- Younger students (K-2) or (3-5) can participate, too, if an adult reads to them or if a teacher uses the Group Survey option.
Survey deadline has been extended through Friday, Feb. 2, 2018. The survey is also available in Spanish.