Welcome to the Office of Special Education for the St. Mary Parish School Board. Please visit our Blackboard site for important documents.
For the development and review of I.E.P.'s for Special Needs Students, access the LA Dept. of Education - SER. Login is required.
The St. Mary Parish School Board is accepting applications for membership on the newly created Special Education Advisory Council.
This council will meet three (3) times per year to provide advice and recommendations regarding special education policies, procedures, and resources.
The council will also engage in outreach activities to the community at large to increase the level of knowledge, support, and collaboration with respect to special education.
Members are being sought from the following stakeholder groups:
- Parents or legal guardians of students with disabilities enrolled in Mary Parish schools
- Teachers, Principals, and Paraprofessionals employed by SMPSB
- Adults with disabilities
- Self-advocates (high school students with disabilities)
- Members of organizations serving students with disabilities
- Employers of students with disabilities
- School Board Members
- School student leadership
Members will be appointed by Dr. Teresa Bagwell, Superintendent, and serve a two (2) year term.
To apply, please pick up an application at the St. Mary Parish School Board Office, 474 LA 317 Bayou Sale Road, Centerville, LA. or the Special Education Office, 402 Iberia Street, Franklin, LA.
All applications must be returned to Ms. Debra McClarity, Director of Special Education, no later than December 2, 2019.