Student Insurance Information 1
FROM: Dr. Teresa Bagwell, Superintendent
SUBJECT: Student Insurance
We wish to advise you that the St. Mary Parish School Board does not provide health or accident insurance for injuries incurred by your child at school. Voluntary coverage is available through AIG Benefit Solutions.
The School Board provides accident insurance for Junior High/High School interscholastic athletics, band, cheerleading, J.R.O.T.C. and dance team injuries occurring in competition, in practice, or traveling to and from those events in school-provided transportation.
If you already have primary insurance, this can be used as a secondary policy. For families that have no other insurance, the purchased coverage becomes your primary accident plan.
Accessing the K-12 Voluntary Program Online Enrollment Forms or Printable Enrollment Forms:
- Visit the Bollinger Schools site.
- At the top of the home page, position the cursor over Our Services and click K-12 Voluntary Enrollment. The K-12 Student Accident/Athletic Insurance search engine appears.
- Select the state, and then select your school. You now have access to the K-12 Voluntary Program online enrollment forms or printable Enrollments forms.
- Under Printable Forms: complete and mail with your payment.
- Once enrolled online, you can print an ID card from website under Our Services/K-12 Voluntary ID Cards.
- Any questions regarding the coverage should be directed to Glynn Guarisco, agent (Frank’s Agency) (985) 395-9351 or Dinah Richard, (St. Mary Parish School Board) (337) 836-6003
Important Notice: Coverage under the Policy does not constitute comprehensive health insurance coverage (a/k/a/ “major medical insurance”). It therefor does not satisfy the “minimum essential coverage” requirements of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. The Program provides ACCIDENT insurance only. It does not provide basic hospital, basic medical or major medical for sickness coverage.