St. Mary Parish Early Childhood Network
High-quality early learning classes inspire children to become lifelong learners and prepare them for kindergarten and beyond by teaching important skills needed for academic and social success.
To qualify for Pre-K, a child must be 4 years old on or before September 30, 2018. At the time of registration, the following documents are required:
- Child’s original birth certificate (state issued)
- Proof of residence (electric, water or gas bill in parent’s name)
- Child’s social security card
- Up-to-date immunization records
- Proof of parents’ household income (two most recent check stubs or SNAP/food stamp printout)
Registration does not guarantee acceptance into the program due to federal and state guidelines which limit the number of eligible participants.
Parents are requested to register children for Pre-K programs located at district elementary schools beginning Wednesday, March 21, and Thursday, March 22, 2018, from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM, with the exception of Hattie Watts Elementary School.
Hattie Watts Elementary will have pre-kindergarten registration on Wednesday, March 21, from 9:00 AM until 1:00 PM while kindergarten registration will be held on Thursday, March 22, from 9:00 AM until 1:00 PM.
Classes for eligible children are also provided by the following Program Partners of the St. Mary Parish Early Childhood Network:
- A Child’s Place Daycare & Learning Center
- Barney & Baby Bop Daycare #2
- Chitimacha Tribal School
- Glencoe Charter School
- Joslyn’s Fun Learning Center & Pre-school
- Pam's Personal Touch Child Care Center
- St. Mary Community Action Agency Head Start Program
- St. Mary Parish Schools
- Verdunville Community Outreach Daycare Center
- Yaamahana/Chitimacha Child Development Center
Please see attachments below for more information.