Discipline Expectations and Guidelines
PANTHER POWERCAT/POSITIVE BEHAVIOR PROGRAM: Students who have not served detention or received a suspension or cellphone violation for an entire semester will be named a PowerCat and will earn a degree level for each semester PowerCat guidelines are met. Students must also be in good standing for attendance. Monthly PowerCats will be selected from each grade level.
P – Pride: Be proud of yourself and your school – take ownership
O – Opportunity: Take advantage of every chance you get
W – With-it-ness: Follow the rules and take care of your business
E – Excellence: Strive to be and do the best that you can to succeed
R – Respect: Respect yourself, others, school, and community
DISCIPLINE NONCOMPLIANCE PROCEDURES:
1st Referral: 2 hours
2nd Referral: 4 hours
3rd Referral: 4 hours
4th Referral: Suspension
5th Referral: 4 hours
6th Referral: 4 hours
7th Referral: Suspension
8th Referral: Suspension with hearing
*Depending upon the seriousness of the offense, the above may be altered.
ADDITIONAL VIOLATIONS & CONSEQUENCES
- LEAVING CLASS WITHOUT PERMISSION:
- 1ST Offense: 1 Day ISS, 2ndOffense: 2-3 Days ISS
- FIGHTING: See Fighting Policy. Possible arrest made with assignment to ISS.
- FAILURE TO REPORT TO SCHOOL, LEAVING CAMPUS
- 1STOffense: 2 days ISS, 2nd Offense: 3 days ISS, 3RDOffense ISS/Hearing
- SIMPLE ACTS OF DEFACING SCHOOL PROPERTY:
- 1STOffense: 4 hours SAC, 2ndOffense, 3 days ISS
- 1STOffense: 4 hours SAC, 2ndOffense: 2 days ISS
- FORGING THE SIGNATURE OF SCHOOL EMPLOYEE, PROFESSIONAL, OR PARENT:
- 1st Offense: 4 hours SAC, 2nd Offense: 2 days ISS, 3rd Offense: 3 days ISS/Hearing
- CURSING FACULTY OR SCHOOL OFFICIALS:
- 1STOffense: 3 days ISS, 2NDOffense: 3 days ISS, 3RDOffense: ISS
- DISRESPECT FOR AUTHORITY: (DEPENDING UPON SEVERITY)
- 1STOffense: 4 hours SAC, 2NDOffense: 2 days ISS, 3RDOffense: 2 days ISS
- IN POSSESSION OF/OR USE OF WRITTEN, PRINTED PROFANE
- LANGUAGE (VERBALUSAGE INCLUDED): 1st TIME: 4 hours SAC, 2NDTIME: 1 day ISS, 3RDTIME: 3 days ISS/Hearing
- ASSAULT AND BATTERY/THREATENING A FACULTY MEMBER:
- Arrest; ISS pending a hearing with the expulsion officer
- SMOKING, CHEWING, DIPPING OR POSSESSION OF TOBACCO
- PRODUCTS: See Smoking: Tobacco and Vaping Policy
- STEALING (DEPENDS ON SEVERITY):
- 4 hours SAC, 2 days ISS, or Hearing
- VERBAL HARASSMENT, NAME CALLING, THREATENING, ETC.:
- Please refer to the Zero Tolerance Policy that is enforced in our parish.
- POSSESSION OR USE OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON:
- ISS, Criminal charges with possible expulsion
- POSSESSION/USE/DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL DRUGS/ALCOHOL OR OF ANY CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE: Criminal charges
- STUDENT CONTACT: KISSING, HUGGING, ETC.= 4 hours SAC
MINOR INFRACTIONS: The minor infraction log will be used in class for minor infractions. Parent contact will be made and documented after the third and fourth offenses. Once the student has received five minor infractions, a referral will be sent to the office.
IN-SCHOOL SUSPENSION PROGRAM (ISS):
- ISS will be housed at BHS.
- Students assigned to ISS will report to BHS the morning of suspension at 7:45 a.m. Students in ISS may either ride the bus home or be picked up at 2:15 p.m.
- A suspended student shall not be on campus or attend/participate in school functions starting the first day of suspension until the last day.
RULES REGARDING DETENTION:
- Detention is held on Wednesdays (2:45 – 4:45) as needed and Saturdays (8:00 – 12:00).
- Transportation must be provided by parent, guardian or student. Anyone arriving late will not be admitted.
- Students must come to detention in school dress code and have his/her ID properly displayed.
- Students with 2 unexcused absences/tardies from detention will be suspended.
- LEAVING CLASS WITHOUT PERMISSION: